Find Out Who You Can Help With Your Unique Skill Set
Previously, we identified our why by looking at many examples of things we love to do. We also addressed if we do what we do because it is out passion or if it is because of others. True purpose answers to no one but you!
The next step is to see who you can help with the unique set of skills or talents you discovered. Let’s say you’re a natural born teacher and love to teach others. You also happen to be pretty good with computers. Think about the different groups of people you could help with that unique set of skills.
- You could teach seniors how to use a computer to stay in touch with their families.
- You could teach middle school students about blogging as a creative writing outlet.
- You could show underprivileged people in your local area how they can use computers at the library to update their resume and find a job.
- If you also happen to speak another language, you could help local immigrants with computer related tasks.
- You could teach a class about cyber security and how to keep kids safe online to parents in your community.
- You could write a blog with tech tips and the best deals on equipment for college students.
And those are just a few ideas; once you start to dig deeper and find the segment of the population that you want to help, I’m sure you’ll come up with all sorts of ideas. I love teaching, so I teach through blogging, through my church, support groups, through writing books and by volunteering to speak to others. And, this is not all - as opportunities open up, I make myself available to fulfill my purpose. It brings great joy!
Learn more about the people you want to help or serve. What do they need? What challenges do they face? How can you help them take the next step?
These are questions you want to ask yourself to pinpoint exactly what your calling and purpose is. By the time you’re done with this step, you’ll have a pretty good idea of what you will be doing and who exactly you’ll be helping. Take time and think long on this, going back to when you first starting doing what you love. I think you may be surprised at how long you have been walking in your destiny!
I believe in you and I hope you are starting to believe more in yourself too!
Get free ebook, Take Back Your Power right here!