Let Karen Guide You to ‘Birth’ the Book Inside You
You Can Get That Book Done!
I know, I know…you’ve heard or read this before but you still haven’t moved forward. Why? I used to ask myself this question all the time. I had pieces of a book in a closet, on a shelf, in a folder and some still in my head. I wanted to write a book, even felt I needed to write a book but always did the start/stop thing. It was frustrating, so finally, I just moved on and forgot about it.
Then as the years passed, it started creeping up again, slowly and methodically as I congratulated others on their books, passed a book store or saw a sign of someone else successfully publishing their dream book.
“That’s it!” I told myself finally. “I AM going to write and publish a book”. But, I had to find out what was preventing me from moving forward. I did a bit of soul-searching and here are some things I noticed:
- I didn’t think any one would want to read my book.
- I didn’t think I was a good writer.
- The story was in my head but I was not sure how to get it out and on paper.
- No one will actually pay money to buy my book.
- Others will think I’m crazy.
And on and on…these types of limiting beliefs are the core to procrastination. We can become paralyzed by our own thoughts and beliefs resulting in stagnation.
This is where I come in. I help you make your book writing dream a reality!
You can write a book, possibly many books! You just have to get past YOU and those lies in your head.
Here are some tips that can help:
- Know that you are not alone with these thoughts. Most successful writers have had the same.
- Try recording your book first. If it’s hard to get started writing, get your phone or recorder and just start talking.
- Don’t be concerned about how well the book will do. The main reason you are writing the book is for you. If it becomes a Best Seller, that’s icing on the cake!
- Invest in a coach. Those who are successful and finish in life almost always invest in a coach or mentor to help them succeed. You are worth it; your dreams are worth it!
So, start today. Even if it’s just one page or if you have it almost completed – get it done!